Welcome back my lovely listeners to this last episode of season three, where your host will be talking about Seasonal affective disorder also known as SAD this is a type of depression which is usually more severe during the winter months, and I found it very fitting due to the time of this recording that for most us the autumn months are upon us. Just before we head on over, I just want to mention a couple things, don’t forget to hit the follow/subscribe button on your favourite podcast platform for my show, so you don’t miss any future episodes, also if you would like to keep up to date on a regular basis with what’s happening at Nicola Paul HQ contact details will be in the show notes of this episode.
Season four will be coming back around the middle of November, if all goes well where there will be some more exciting news on projects I have been working on as well as guests and solo episodes from me, so, without further or do, lets head on over…
The symptoms of SAD include - question- have you experienced any of these?
• a persistent low mood
• a loss of pleasure or interest in normal everyday activities
• feelings of despair, guilt and worthlessness
• lacking energy and sleepy during the day
• sleeping for longer than normal
• craving carbohydrates and gaining weight
1. Treatments for SAD
The main treatments are:
• lifestyle measures – including getting as much natural sunlight as possible, exercising regularly and managing your stress levels
• light therapy – where a special lamp called a light box is used to simulate exposure to sunlight
• talking therapies – such as cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) or counselling
2. What do you do to feel better during the winter? let me know
Nicola's Contact Details: